Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's a comb not a wand!

I am spinning off of a friend of mine’s comment about people arriving at the hair solon with a picture of how they want their hair. In many cases there is no possible way make the person’s hair look like the picture. Thus the phrase, “It’s a comb not a wand!” came into being!

Often I have clients that tell me they want something that does not exist. For example, “We want the perfect desert pool home in a gated community, with very low HOA fees, great mountain views late model construction with little or no work needed and our budget is $200,000.” Right…

To this I want to say, “It’s a lock box key not a wand!” I mean come on folks you have to be realistic. Everybody wants that perfect, cheap deal but the truth is certain combinations do not exist. Your friend from the office may have told you they got this great deal for nothing but have you seen it? I would put money on the fact that it is not what you have pictured in your head.

I once had clients that wanted a nice 3-bedroom condo on a golf course that did not need much work and one that their very conservative mother would approve of. Oh yeah one more thing – it had to be very child friendly! OK, for the most part conservative golf course homes are NOT child friendly. The owners and managers of these types of properties are grumpy seniors that want peace and quiet along with their drinks and golf. After all they bought this place to get AWAY from the grand kids!

This situation did eventually work out. I found them what they wanted in a development that Mother approved of by the way the residents were dressed and the lunch at the clubhouse. As far as the child friendly part – they were on their own – if I had that power I could rule the world! Be fair to your agent and if they cannot find you that perfect place it may just not exist. It’s a lock box key not a wand!

As always contact me via the links under my profile on the left if I can help with any questions. No pressure or expectations just friendly help.

1 comment: