Friday, September 11, 2009

Not so Short Sale


In today’s market most Real Estate Agents have either willingly or unwillingly become more up-to-speed on short sale transactions. With every lending institution being different each transaction is a challenge.

The common misconception by non-agents is that short sales are quick. Just the opposite – they are long and drawn out and can blow up in your face at any time. However; do not be discouraged. If you are in a position to consider a short sale i.e. you are too far backwards in your home to realistically and practically see yourself continuing with the payments, think about a short sale. Even if you can manage the payments does it make sense? Will you ever get out of the hole you are in?

I recently closed a short sale that I may have been discouraged from attempting had I known then what I know now. Nearly everything about this transaction said it would not qualify for a short sale. Fortunately I took that class AFTER it closed!

I am not saying don’t continue to educate yourself – that is always a good thing. Just do not throw in the towel without a fight – you just never know.

The point; persistence pays off – particularly when you are not told it can not!


As always feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have by clicking on the “View My Complete Profile” button under “About Me” then Email me under the Contact Info. No worries I will help you if I can and nothing more.

1 comment: